« Home | His sheep are calling him - to tally the numbers! » | A conservationist dilemma! » | When the Earth trembles, borders crumble » | Techno Rush!!! » | Eat till you burst! Literally! » | Making my blog popular - at your cost!!! » | Reality sheepishly real! » | Google Adsense Is up!!! » | Shakespeare - Shaken, not stirred! » | Puff Goes The Billy… » 

Thursday, October 13, 2005 

Bloggers have responsibility??? Shocking!!

My explorations into the world of blogs never cease to amaze me! For instance, I discovered there is a term called "blogosphere", which effectively replaces the phrase, "world of blogs"! Wiki calls it a social phenomenon, created by the interlinking between its individual instances, the blogs, recalling the meaning of the term noosphere, which Wiki defines as the "sphere of human thought", composed of all the interacting minds on Earth. Ok, enough of technical jargon. Let's get going with what I actually wanted to write about.

I stumbled upon an issue that is burning large, gaping holes into the blogosphere's ozone umbrella of unaccountability. With actual ramifications in real life - I mean outside blogosphere, intruding into the world of men and mice.

The story begins - well, here's where I started reading up, so that is where the story begins according to me; the real beginnings may be lost in the mists of time, I couldn't care less - with an article in a magazine that researched into the claims made by a management institute in India. The author in her blog, and another blogger in his, made pointed statements against the institute based on the magazine article. The institute took affront to this, with its students deciding to defend the honor of their alma mater. Posts, counter-posts, comments, counter-comments...leading even to the resignation of this blogger from his company because of complex wheels turning within more complex wheels!

Whew!

Which brings me to my burning question! Do bloggers have a responsibility? Can I actually be held accountable to the random musings that I scribble because I have too much time on my hands?

Scary thought!!!

I guess I better go do something less accountable...like read up other people's blogs and leave comments!

About Me

  • Satchitananda Sai
  • From
My profile

Recommended Specs

This site is best viewed in Firefox/Opera/Safari/Netscape with a resolution of 1024x768. If you have IE, well, what can I say...go get a life and Firefox


Recent Posts

Archives

Other Interesting Blogs


Subscribe

    Like what you see here? Enter your email address below to subscribe to Random Musings and get new posts direct to your inbox


    powered by Bloglet

Credits


    Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

    Get Firefox!
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates

Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.