« Home | She's 16, and ready to go 17...not years, but babi... » | Bloggers have responsibility??? Shocking!! » | His sheep are calling him - to tally the numbers! » | A conservationist dilemma! » | When the Earth trembles, borders crumble » | Techno Rush!!! » | Eat till you burst! Literally! » | Making my blog popular - at your cost!!! » | Reality sheepishly real! » | Google Adsense Is up!!! » 

Thursday, October 13, 2005 

My arch nemesis - Internet Explorer!!

I just discovered, to my absolute shock and lasting grief, that my blog which looks so well and tastefully done (even if I do say so myself) in my Firefox browser, looks like something the cat dragged in, when viewed in IE!!!

It has been several years since I've divorced Internet Explorer. We parted gracefully...she knew she was inadequate, so she made no claims to half my wealth, car and house, and I've been living happily ever since with Opera, and of late, Firefox because of firewall restrictions which prevent my using Opera at work!

So, can you blame me that it didn't even occur to me to view this blog in IE, just to make sure what is eye-candy in other browsers doesn't appear an eyesore in IE! Yet, it is IO IIO (ayyo, ayyayo for the abbreviation-challenged) in IE!

So, to all those who for some reason unknown to mankind still insist on using IE...all I can say to you, my dear friends, is go get a life, and a better browser. In fact, I've even made that part of my blog description, right on top!!!


Badri,
I hate IE myself but here's an irony. The company i work for has Firefox as its "offcial" browser but many of our intranet sites work properly only on IE. Considering the fact that i'd already filed for divorce, its emotional blackmail!

Thanks guys! It was consoling all right! I know Opera rocks,if it were not for the firewall issue...oh well, can live with Firefox!

well, it looks fine on my IE..

Badri, It looks fine on my IE too... at home I use Firefox but hubby dear complains he has problems with his kannada font on firefox so he has to switch back to IE for some of his kannada pages :(

Post a Comment

About Me

  • Satchitananda Sai
  • From
My profile

Recommended Specs

This site is best viewed in Firefox/Opera/Safari/Netscape with a resolution of 1024x768. If you have IE, well, what can I say...go get a life and Firefox


Recent Posts

Archives

Other Interesting Blogs


Subscribe

    Like what you see here? Enter your email address below to subscribe to Random Musings and get new posts direct to your inbox


    powered by Bloglet

Credits


    Blogarama - The Blogs Directory

    Get Firefox!
    Powered by Blogger
    and Blogger Templates

Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.